Alphabooks/Alphabeasts - I wish I had time for you. I love you so.

A while back I was in a, not a competition but a challenge thing called Alphabeasts, where every monday we drew another monster from A-Z. I tried to draw mostly Swedish monsters but when I got to C I realized that since the letter hardly exists as a consonant-sound in Swedish I had to go with greek myth.

Anyway anyway. It was great BUT I had work to do and I really didn,t have time for it. I tried but I kept slipping too far behind everyone else and I though "ah there will be another time". Now there is!
Its Alphabooks, where you draw a character from a book from A-Z. "Brilliant" I thought "Now its Jensy's time to shine. I got the summer off". And then I got allot of work to do for the summer (which is great, dont get me wrong). Aaaaaand I got as far as B. 

BUT its still going! If you are better at time management than me, perhaps you should damn well join in!

(click the hyper text, click it!)


So Charybdis, the vortex monster in the Homers Odyssé and her sister Scylla (the tooth paste)

Angelmaker, a classical - not monster, but profession in Sweden about 100 years ago. They made angels for a living/took in unwanted children for a fee and if those kids didn't survive they could take in more. The "made angels". Horrible.

Bortbyting is basicly the same as a changeling. Only about 200 ago in Sweden this was a real fear. If your kid was a bit wierd or strange. You assumed it was a troll child, a monster.

Elle is my favorite. Its from this story where Tor/Thor had to compete with a giants family.  He had to wrestle with the Giants grandmother. Unknown to him shes not an old woman but "old age" incarnated. And no one can beat old age.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar